Friday, April 11, 2014

Virginia Zoological Park

On Wednesday I took a break from all the hustle and bustle of school, homework, meetings, and work and went to the zoo.  As a college student (with ID) I get in free and I love animals and the sun was shining so off to the zoo I went.
I think I got more pictures of flowers than anything else.  I was so happy to see flowers actually blooming after that terribly long winter we had.




Peacocks




Other Animals

Guinea Fowl

Turtles

Giraffe & his friend

Bongos

Water Birds

Snake

Overall it was a great day to be in the sunshine enjoying the animals.  There were still quite a few animals not on display. The Barnyard animals got an extended vacation due to renovations.  Hopefully I'll be able to make at least one more trip to the zoo this season and see some of the animals I missed on this visit.


xoxo Gwen

No comments:

Post a Comment