Monday, April 7, 2014

Northwest River Park

I've been so stressed lately with a go, go, go schedule I haven't had time to enjoy the few nice weather days we've had.  This past weekend I made it a point to put school and the bazillion papers I have to write on the back burner, and have a day with my fiance on an adventure.  Saturday we went to Northwest River Park on the very southern side of Chesapeake.  The weather was great, the hiking was fun and we managed to track down one of the many geocaches in the park.  We plan to go back and do more, but Saturday was all about sunshine and enjoying nature.  We're hoping to head back this summer for a camping trip too.  At the very least I want to go back and hike the rest of the trails.
 

 

 


 



 

 

 

If you need a break I definitely recommend nature.  If you take the time and look you'll find the most beautiful things, and have a lot of fun.  I plan to schedule more weekends like this now that the weather has finally warmed up!

If you're interested here is the information on Northwest River Park:
1733 Indian Creek Rd.
Chesapeake VA 23322
phone 757-421-7151
Park is open 9 a.m. until sunset

I also found this YouTube video on the park's website.

xoxo Gwen

No comments:

Post a Comment