Monday, April 28, 2014

Netflix: Tapped

"Filmmakers examine the financial and ecological impact of the bottled water industry, including the toxic byproducts of manufacturing plastic water bottles" (IMDb). 


I've been seriously watching documentaries for the last couple of years.  Yesterday I watched Tapped and had another eye opening experience.  I knew bottled water was an issue and I had a hunch they were trying to pull the wool over the consumers eye, but I had no idea how deep the rabbit hole really went with bottled water.  I encourage everyone to watch this documentary and then do their own research. Then switch to tap water, filter it yourself (it you want to), and carry around your own renewable bottle (glass & BPA free bottles work best).

This stat alone blew my mind!






This is what our beach sand could turn into



If you're determined to still buy and drink bottled water after watching Tapped....I encourage you, I beg you to please recycle your plastic bottles so they don't litter our beaches like the pictures above.

If you do not have Netflix you can watch the documentary for free here.

xoxo Gwen

No comments:

Post a Comment