Friday, January 3, 2014

Fleischmann's Pretzel Creations

It's no secret I love soft pretzels.  Carnivals, movie theater, shopping at the mall, restaurants... if there is a soft pretzel available I am purchasing one.  So yummy!  There are several recipes online for make at home pretzels, but silly me I have never tried them.  However I recently ran into this at my local grocery store.  I have purchased their bread mix before and had wonderful results so I had to try these.


With easy to follow instructions I was well on my way to heaven (in pretzel stick form).
The kit comes with everything you need minus 3/4 cup water and 1TBSP oil (I used vegetable oil).

Soft Pretzel Baking Instructions:
1.  Stir together pretzel mix, yeast package, warm tap water and oil.
2.  Cover dough and let rise for 25 minutes.
3.  Shape the dough.

**I started with the traditional pretzel shape but after failing twice I resorted to stick shapes**

4.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
5.  Combine 6 cups water with baking soda package in a deep saucepan and bring to a boil.
6.  Use a spoon to lower your pretzel shapes (one at a time) into the boiling mixture for 10 to 15 seconds.
7.  Remove and place on a prepared baking sheet.  Continue with remaining pretzels.
8.  Sprinkle each pretzel with salt.
9.  Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown (I did 11 mins and they were perfect!)

In addition, after removing the pretzels from the oven I rubbed each one with a pat of butter just until they were lightly glistening.






They were absolutely delicious and addicting!  I can't wait to try them again.  Next time I hope to master the traditional pretzel shape.

#45MilesInJanuary update

 

 

That's another 3 miles for today.  Bringing my total to 6 miles so far.

xoxo Gwen

No comments:

Post a Comment