Monday, December 16, 2013

Weekend Wrap-Up

This weekend completely flew by.  Thursday night I completed the Fall 2013 semester by taking my American Sign Language IV final.  It went SO much better than the midterm.  Everyone was quite pleased with the final's layout.  Plus, it was so much easier signing one-on-one with the professor than video recording ourselves on the spot.

Friday I picked up a few last minute things for Christmas at the store, wrapped my fiance's presents (both birthday and Christmas), went through all my school paperwork, organized it and filed it away & saved all the papers I wrote over the semester to disc so I could delete them off my computer.

Saturday I picked up a rather odd, yet festive looking doll for Toys for Tots.  I also whipped up a batch of Irish Cream.  Saturday night I went to a Cookies & Cocktails party.  It was my first official holiday party of the season, and I had a lot of fun!  I did not know anyone at this party before going but, I made some new friends (and hopefully they will be my sisters one day)!

Sunday was my fiance's work holiday party.  This year it was a cruise on The Spirit of Norfolk, with buffet dinner, dessert, and dancing.  2nd holiday party of the season, done!  I wrapped up the weekend by a late night girls chat, which I really needed.

Toys for Tots

Cookies & Cocktails party

One of the cutest trees at the party

Proud to be American

Spirit of Norfolk cruise

Norfolk skyline

Caramel Apple Martini

Today I will be prepping Mac & Cheese Muffins for the potluck tomorrow and cleaning my much neglected apartment.  Hope everyone else is enjoying their holiday parties as much as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment