Monday, December 23, 2013

DIY Hair Clip

If you're anything like me you're drawn to pretty things.  I saw this stretchy butterfly ring last year around this time of year and loved the color, the stones, the size, just about everything about it...except it was a stretchy ring.  I thought I could make it work.  Needless to say it has been sitting in my jewelry box for an entire year with just one appearance for about maybe 2 hours.  I had to save it and turn it into something I would wear or use.

Stretchy Ring to Hair Clip 

Stretchy ring and plain hair clip

Cut the stretchy part

Disassembled

Charm (from ring), scrap ribbon, plain hair clip

Hot glue ribbon onto clip and add charm

Add clear polish to the ends of the ribbon to prevent fraying

Wear :)

Store with other hair clips
The great thing about this DIY project is I can buy all the stretchy rings I want now, because I know what to do with them.  I can also disassemble easily and use the pretty charm for something else when I get tired of it.

Happy Crafting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment