Thursday, December 12, 2013

Volunteer Work: Little Theater of Virginia Beach

Last week I received an email from Dennis at the Little Theater of Virginia Beach.  He was seeking volunteers to help build the set for the newest production of Black Tie by A.R. Gurney.  At first I was worried I would miss the opportunity.  Set building fell right during Finals Week at school. However, I was able to squeeze in some time between finals, last minute assignments, working, baking, shopping, and all the other things I have been doing this week.

This production of Black Tie directed by Joan Patterson will be hitting the stage January 17th, 2013 and continue until February 2nd, 2014.  Auditions were held mid November and the cast was actually rehearsing as the volunteers painted the set.  YES, I got to help paint the set!  Maybe that doesn't sound like too much fun to you, but it was more about the awesome people I met.  A big hello to Dennis, Wade, Hannah, Charlotte, and all the other volunteers that helped make this night a great experience.  Too bad I am not able to go back tomorrow due to my last final of the semester.

Black Tie synopsis:  Father of the groom, Curtis, simply wants to make a memorable toast. Before he is able to raise his glass, he must defend the time-honored ways of his past, including his attire.  Cultures clash when a surprise guest is announced, threatening to throw convention out the window. Curtis finds that balancing the standards of his late father and the needs of his future family may prove too messy for a black tie affair.













For more information about volunteering or to purchase tickets please visit the Little Theater of Virginia Beach website

Some posters from previous productions signed by the casts and crews. 





Backstage



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment