Friday, December 20, 2013

Martha Stewart Obsession

When I think of perfection I don't conjure images of movie stars or social media guru's.  I think of Martha Stewart.  Martha Stewart is the business magnate, writer, and television personality known for her "Good Things".  She is the founder of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia.  She gained her success through a variety of business ventures including: publishing, broadcasting and merchandising.  She has written several bestsellers and is the publisher of the Martha Stewart Living magazine.  Her syndicated talk show, Martha, is broadcast internationally.

I have been following Martha and reading her magazine since I was in my early 20's.  I used to have an autographed picture of her and copies 1 and 2 of her Everyday Food magazine. Those have been lost along my travels sadly, but she remains my lifestyle guru.  She is perfection to me. 

Almost any recipe you can think of she has her own version, and more times than not she has several recipes for a particular dish.  She is my go-to for holiday recipes, decor, and Good Things in general.  She has a great team, a great eye, and a very busy life.

I wanted to share some of my favorites from her No. 240 December 2013 issue.  It was hard to pick just a few because the magazine is literally packed with all things festive & bright this holiday season.


No. 240 December 2013

(Pg 146)Citrus Salad with Pomegranate Seeds

(Pg 126) Good Living :  How they Live

(Pg 179) The Greenery Glossary

(pg 174) The best place setting: A Touch of Shimmer

(Pg 181) A twist on the classic laurel wreath

(Pg 202) Perilous Plants
This issue is jammed pack with gift guides, decorating ideas, recipes and of course Good Things.  I want to say a huge thank you to Martha Stewart for continuing to inspire me. Also a great big thank you to the editor in chief, Eric Pike, and the entire staff for a great issue this month and in the months to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment