Friday, June 13, 2014

The Recipe Club {Chocolate Icebox Cake}

Some of you might remember I read The Recipe Club by Andrea Israel & Nancy Garfinkel awhile back and decided that I would attempt the recipes throughout the story and blog about them. Today is the first official post of the series.

I've never made an icebox cake before, but I will attempt the first recipe in the book (page 14), Chocolate Icebox Cake.






Chocolate Icebox Cake

Recipe
5 simple ingredients
Now I have to admit that my intention was to follow the recipes precisely and decide if they were successful or not, but here I am first recipe in the series changing it up. Instead of the log form mentioned in the book I went with the traditional cake layer method (as you will see in the following pictures).

I used my Magic Bullet to do the mixing.
Traditional cake layer method.
Cookies then cream mixture, then another layer of cookies and cream
Topped with mini chocolate chips
Mine chilled in the refrigerator for approximately 9 hours before I had the first piece.
Verdict....So Delicious!

 xoxo Gwen

No comments:

Post a Comment