Sunday, June 1, 2014

May Hits & Misses

***I have decided to title my "Favorites" of the month Hits & Misses (from now on). As much fun as spreading good news about my favorite products is, there are also products that were definitely not my favorite. These will be the "Misses" and of course my "favorites" will be referred to as "Hits".

Hits
Beauty

These are amazing. I picked these up on a whim and absolutely love them. The scent is great and one wipe is enough for both arms and legs. Definitely not a lotion replacement but great for a quick touch up, or after a day at the pool or beach. Great to pop in your purse. I will definitely repurchase them!
The hit here is the foot file. Simply said it actually works! Can be used on wet or dry feet. I have used it both ways and both work great. I do have rough skin on my feet and this made my feet soft, smooth & ladylike. And the results last.
I purchased this blush stick in the shade Pink Fever (2nd from left) and it is the perfect summer shade for me. Nice pink color with shimmer to get the dewy summertime beach look. It seems like there is a lot of product and it will last awhile. A little goes a long way. 
I absolutely LOVE this product! I used it a lot this month. Great scent, nice texture. Perfect for people with naturally wavy or curly hair to define and separate waves and curls. Looks like you just spent the day at the beach. Summertime must have.
Another summertime must have in my opinion. I have found that the spray works better than the lotion variety because I am less likely to miss areas. I have used this several times when I have been in the sun for prolonged periods and I have not burned.
This shade (China Flower #080) is a great summery color. A mixture between red and coral it adds a pop of color to outfits. It also has a scent which I am assuming is supposed to smell like China Flower but reminds me of roses or rose water. It's not a heavy scent but it's definitely there and quite lovely. Bonus: it only requires one coat for the perfect coverage.







Fashion

To see mine check out my picture on instagram

My sorority rain jacket by Charles River Apparel has my sorority letters on the back and my name is embroidered on the front. It's the classic solid pullover style. It has drawstrings at the hood and hem, elasticized cuffs, and can be folded up into it's own pouch pocket. Has saved me from a few downpours lately.







Lifestyle

Marley Lilly promotional stickers
See mine posted on instagram here and here.

Little Words Project friendship bracelets
Check out their instagram here and then check out my DIY version here.

Food
I usually end up buying cereals that are on the sweeter side. Cocoa Rice Krispies, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, etc. For some reason this looked good and I bought them. This is now my favorite cereal hands down. Usually cereals like this I tend to eat dry, but this cereal is seriously so good with milk. I love it so much I changed out of my pj's on a lazy weekend morning to make a grocery store run because I was out. This was the 3rd box I finished this month. They have 2 other flavors, but again I have a sweet tooth so I went for the brown sugar.

Banana Chips. I have tried these in the past and have not thought twice about them, but this month I have purchased 3 bags of them. So crunchy, so satisfying. I think I might be obsessed. Deep fried I am assuming so maybe not so great for my health, but better than cupcakes all the time. Right?!
This was a first time purchase and I am so happy they caught my eye. It's a whole hazelnut in chewy caramel with chocolate hazelnut filling and chocolate on top. 
5 pieces for 210 calories.









Misses
"Non-abrasive sloughing lotion with peppermint oil exfoliates and sloughs off unwanted dead skin cells for smooth, soft skin." I wish! This product is a total fail. I do not think one single dead skin cell sloughed off. I tried on wet and dry feet. Instead I use as a regular foot lotion after using the foot file. I forget how much I paid, but I am positive it was too much for this product.
I saw some reviews on this "brush" and having natural thick curly hair I was really excited to try it out. It claims it's the Tangle Teezer. It does nothing a normal comb can't do and was much more expensive. I use it just out of the shower to comb through my hair but I am more often reaching for my wide tooth comb instead. Tried on wet and dry hair and not impressed.







As embarrassing as it is I just fail at eye liner, especially the liquid stuff. I love the look of a simple "cat eye" but I can't seem to get the technique to work. I need to keep trying and I think a good product would help me achieve the results I want. Maybe it's me and not the product.

Still to be determined I suppose.





Quite a few random things this month. I started a sticky of things that I used again and again and by the end of the month I had a quite a list. Hopefully one or two of these products you have tried and loved, or you will purchase and love them as much as I have. What products are you loving as we head into summer?
xoxo Gwen

No comments:

Post a Comment