Sunday, June 29, 2014

2014 Summer Bucket List

Every summer comes and goes and as an adult it's hard to actually "enjoy" the summer like I used to when I was a kid. When I was a kid every summer my family would travel from South Carolina to Maryland and spend time with our grandparents, aunts/uncles, and cousins. We tended to schedule our vacation around July 4th because my granddad always threw HUGE parties for 4th of July.

Now that I am an adult I see what my parents must have gone through to make that trip every year. As for myself I am taking summer classes (the sooner I can finish school the better, right?!), working, volunteering, and trying to get my apartment straightened up (again), as well as other things I have been neglecting.  This year has been extra hard on me whether others seem to think so or not. I'm still not where I would like to be in my life and I am trying to set goals for myself and realize things don't just happen overnight. I do have to make some difficult decisions this summer as well because when Fall rolls around I definitely want to be headed in the right direction.

One thing I have never done before is to sit down and write a bucket list. It almost seems too daunting to make a list of things I want to do in my lifetime. A 2014 summer bucket list seems so much easier and not quite as daunting. So that's what I have done. I thought up a handful of things I would like to do this summer. Some are easy and some require $ and more planning, but I think it's doable. There's also those things I did not include on the list.

Without further ado here is my relatively simple 2014 Summer Bucket List....


Visit the Chrysler Museum   June 20, 2014

Go to the Norfolk Botanical Gardens  June 29, 2014

Go to as many festivals as I can  ~~Bayou Boogaloo (June 21, 2014)

Go to a Concert

Spend time with my Big

Shop the Farmer's Market

Stay involved with the LTVB  June 1, 10, 11, 12, 23, 2014

Visit the D'Art Center

Read (a lot)  ~~The Husband's Secret (by Liane Moriarty), Mockingjay (by Suzanne Collins), Eleanor & Park (by Rainbow Rowell)

Pick fresh berries  June 22 & 28, 2014

Make smores over a fire

Craft (at least 2 things)

Go to the beach!

Go swimming

Go hiking

As added inspiration to be able to cross everything off my summer bucket list I have made it my desktop background and I will update my list as I can.

What are your summer time plans?
xoxo Gwen

No comments:

Post a Comment