Thursday, June 12, 2014

Orange Is the New Black

I believe I literally stumbled across Season 1 of the show when it was released. I read the plot summary and decided to give it a go. It quickly became an obsession. I watched episode after episode without realizing it was a Netflix original. I got hooked on the title sequence with "You've Got Time" by Regina Spektor.


Orange is the New Black follows Piper Chapman a 30-something woman sent to prison after being convicted of a decade old crime. Inside she meets quite a few interesting characters and her new story begins. I definitely loved the character building and the one liners. Season 1 was over quickly because once I started watching I couldn't stop myself from watching the entire season.

Last week season 2 was released and yes, I have watched the entire season already. It's just that good. I think I will go back and re-watch both seasons at some point. Heck, I might even start today. But yes, I will be one of those poor souls waiting around until 2015 for the next season.

So if you haven't binge watched this Netflix original yet and you think you'll just be able to watch one episode without watching another I challenge you to try. The first season focuses on Piper and her meeting everyone and finding her way in prison. Season 2 tells the back story of so many characters it has you falling in love with them even more than you did in season 1.
xoxo Gwen

No comments:

Post a Comment