Friday, June 6, 2014

The Fault In Our Stars {John Green}

Unless you've been living under a rock I'm fairly sure you've heard about this book, movie, quotes from the book, etc. It's really getting hype because most people (myself included) LOVED the book. This book alone influenced my purchase of Looking for Alaska. Paper Towns and An Abundance of Katherines are definitely on my buy ASAP list. So many books so little time.

Book Cover
So I read the book about 5 or 6 months ago. I know it was just after Christmas but not sure of the exact date. I of course picked it up at Barnes & Noble along with the popular Okay? Okay. shirt I posted on my Instagram here.
I seriously devoured this book. It was a combination between the author's writing style and the story itself. The story is sweet, charming, and sad. You've been forewarned. 16-year old Hazel Grace has cancer. While attending a cancer support group she catches the eye of a boy, Augustus.
I don't want to spoil it if you have not read it yet, or if you plan to see the movie which is in theaters TODAY! I definitely recommend reading the book though.
Movie Poster
So as I mentioned above the movie releases today. There is a high probability that I will be sitting in the theater this evening watching this movie.
Yes, it must be mentioned because it is in nearly every interview. Hazel Grace is played by Shailene Woodley (Beatrice "Tris" Prior of Divergent) and Augustus is played by Ansel Elgort (Caleb also in Divergent). In Divergent they were siblings, in TFIOS they are lovers. It happens. They are actors after all.










Official Movie Trailer

#TFIOS
xoxo Gwen

No comments:

Post a Comment