Saturday, May 3, 2014

#CaraBox Hometown Exchange

If you've read my blog for any amount of time you have heard me talk about #carabox before.  It's a quarterly box swap among women that was initiated by Kaitlyn at Wifessionals, but has since grown and changed slightly.  Now an entire team is in charge of the exchange.
The swap is based on Instagram.  Instagram is the primary way to get to know both of your partners. This month I was paired up with two lovely ladies.  Merrissa who lived in South Carolina and Vanessa who lives in Pennsylvania. My job was to get to know both women and send a box to Merrissa featuring fun items from my area.  I sent taffy from the beach, a classic VA Beach bumper sticker, a nautical knot bracelet (exactly like the one I wear), a post card from my recent trip to the VA Zoo, some starfish, a tumbler, and a purple wooden rose.  I wish I had gotten to know her better because she seems like an awesome lady. She was very busy these last couple months. Vanessa got to know more about me and tailored my box perfectly.  It had so many goodies!
#Carabox Contents: an "old" book, postcard, Mojito Madness Essie nail polish, Amish made pot holder & spice holder, some Tastykakes, pretzels, some local chips, Wilber buds (chocolates) and mug, and some seriously delicious coffee.  She also included some literature about Amish made goods, Wilber's and a lovely letter explaining more about all the items.  She really outdid herself!  Thanks again Vanessa!

I've had success with this swap twice now, and I can't wait to sign up for the next one which begins at the beginning of June.  If you are interested in more information about the exchange you can head over to Wifessionals Blog, or check out the hashtag on Instagram (#carabox).  Carabox also has it's own Instagram handle @caraboxexchange.

xoxo Gwen

No comments:

Post a Comment