Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Liebster Award

I've been nominated for the Liebster Award from Miss Katie at Inkspot. For those who do not know what the Liebster Award is:

The Liebster Award


What It Is

The Liebster Award is an award given to new bloggers as a way to recognize them and to discover other new bloggers and welcome them to the blogosphere.

The Rules

1. Answer 11 questions posted by the person who nominated you. (My questions came from Miss Katie)
2. State 11 facts about yourself.
3. Nominate 11 bloggers (with less than 200 followers).  Let them know you nominated them!
4. Post 11 questions for them to answer.


Q&A

1. Funniest and/or craziest thing that has ever happened to you – GO!

Recently.... I had a paper that I received a 75 on. I was absolutely freaked out and skipped out on Spring Break to meet with the teacher in her home on a Saturday for 2 hours to help me with the 2nd paper due the next day. When I got a 90 on it I was happy, but confused how I did not get a 100 since I spent so much time with the teacher one on one going over it. When I asked the teacher what I did wrong she said nothing. She said that she took off points because she helped me with it.

2. Favorite movie and why?

I have 2. The Talented Mr. Ripley - because I love jazz, the story is twisted and dramatic, great acting. Garden State - amazing soundtrack, heartfelt and funny story, great acting/directing.

3. Were you named after anyone?

I don't think so.

4. Favorite guilty pleasure (desert, movie, hobby, what-have-you)?

Reese Cups, Netflix marathons, ice cream or whipped cream in my coffee

5. Do you have a special – or unusual – talent? Tell us!

Multitasking while taking a bubble bath

6. We all need to practice more self-love. So, what do you love most about yourself? (Not physical!)

I'm very giving (of time and things)

7. What is one of your favorite memories?

Jamestown VA (June 6 2012) when my fiance proposed.

8. What was your last dream about?

Ohhhh I can never remember these when I need to.  I had some pretty bizarre ones last night.....

9. What is the biggest thing on your bucket list?

Travel to Japan

10. If you could go back in time, anywhere, and change one thing, any one thing at all, what would you chose?

I would go back to a time when I was in an unhealthy relationship and stand up for myself and/or end the relationship sooner!

11. If you could ask your future self one question, what would it be?

I would ask myself what's the one thing I am not doing that I should be doing more of. (And then I would actually do it!)

Facts

1. I'm going to school for my degree in American Sign Language Interpreting.
2. I am once again attempting to go vegetarian.
3. I dislike buffet style restaurants.
4. I once sent in an audition tape to be on the show, Survivor.
5. I have no idea where my passport is.
6. My favorite color is green.
7. I'd love to live in a foreign country for one year.
8. I know how to say the alphabet in 3 languages.
9. I love monograms.
10. I love sleeping in, but I hardly get to do it anymore. I've resorted to naps!
11. I served in the U.S. Army for 3 years.


And the nomination(s) goes to...

1. Breckenridge Clare - Whim of the South
2. Asha S. - Curiosity & Chaos
3. Samantha Reid - Samantha Reads
5. Brittany Lee - Fabulously Unprepared
6. Miranda - Mermade Moments
7. Halie - Life in the Sunshine
8. Kassidi - Cummings Love Letters
10. Benz Dumol - Bambi Girl
11. Shamiya - Miya Loves

I'd like to know:

1. Describe yourself in 3 words.

2. What is your favorite way to unwind?

3. If you won a million dollars, what would you do with it?

4. If you could have lunch with anyone (alive or dead) who would be be and why?

5. What's on your summer bucket list?

6. What is your favorite song of the moment?

7. What is your favorite book and why?

8. What one piece in your wardrobe can you not live without?

9. What is your favorite snack?

10. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose and why

11. What is your favorite thing about blogging? The worst?


Finally...

Don't forget to go check out Miss Katie and some of the other blogs I nominated for the Liebster Award. And lastly if you'd like to ask me any other questions you can ask in the comments below or tweet me @gb_shortcake.

xoxo Gwen

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for nominating me :)
    I read you Q/A & I must say, the fact that your teacher took 10 points off bc she helped u is the dumbest thing ever. That would make a person not want to ask for help lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for participating! I had so much fun reading your Q&A.

    Those 10 points off is the craziest thing! I have spent so many hours in professor's offices before, getting help. You did what you're supposed to -- ask for help. You'd think they'd want to celebrate that, not punish it!

    And ice cream or whipped cream in coffee?! This is ingenious! Why did I never think of this before?! (Now I'm going to have to make some coffee this week, just to try this out.) #foodie4life

    xoxo,
    Katie
    http://welcometothewackadoodles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah it really was insane. So glad to be done with that class!

    ReplyDelete