Thursday, May 8, 2014

Scatter Brain

This week has been a doozey! Finals week really got to me this year. I know I set my expectations for myself excessively high, but there's no changing it and I work hard to roll with the punches and power through the tough days. Yesterday was a complete disaster, and it all started with Tuesday classes, finals, ASL enrichment program, shopping for Mother's Day, going to rehearsal with Daniel, and getting home after 11:30 at night. Then the following day I worked bright and early, lost my favorite sunglasses, melted the coffee scoop, attempted to use lotion as nail polish remover (it does not work - in case you're wondering), and generally stressed out waiting to hear back from my math professor about yet another question I had on the take home portion of the final. I crashed hard last night.  This morning I had the in-class portion of my math final to complete and I know I made a couple of stupid mistakes. Of course, as always, I didn't think about them until it was too late to change the answers or rework them, but such is life I suppose.  Grades should be posted soon and I will be anxiously awaiting grades for the 4 classes I took this semester. It's been a tough road.

I decided to continue with my studies this summer, but I am only taking 2 classes. I do not plan to be nailed down in a classroom, in the library, at my computer, etc. the majority of this summer. I want to be able to actually enjoy my summer for a change. I have just 11 days until the summer semester starts and I work 3 of those days, so not a lot of time to do anything too exciting, but I do plan to relax and recharge the best I can.  At the end of my summer classes I think I get a full 2 weeks off. At least I hope that's how it works. I'd like to go home and see my parents. We'll see what happens.

via Pinterest


xoxo Gwen

No comments:

Post a Comment