Monday, May 19, 2014

DIY Hair Mask

Transitioning from winter to summer does a number on my hair and not in a good way.  I have long naturally blonde, thick, curly hair and there's nothing worse than split ends and dry "straw" hair. To combat the elements I use a treatment on my hair to add a bit of extra conditioning and strength.

1 TBSP. coconut oil
1 TBSP. olive oil
1 TBSP. honey
3 TBSP. water

Stir ingredients in a small glass bowl.  Microwave for 13-15 seconds.  Apply to dry areas (I usually do mine on the ends of my hair). Pull hair back and let sit for 30 mins to 1 hour. Rinse out.  **I usually do this treatment at night and do not shampoo or add any other products to my hair. In the morning I wash and style my hair as normal.**

xoxo Gwen

2 comments:

  1. This is such a good recipe! I feel like it would really moisturize my hair :)

    AJ | www.TheAJMinute.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete