Monday, March 3, 2014

My Journey with Yoga

I started taking yoga classes over 2 years ago.  It really is quite amazing the journey you take with your body, mind, and soul.  At least that's what it has been for me.  No, I haven't lost a ton of weight (or any weight that I know of), but to me it wasn't completely about losing weight.
Yes, I am overweight and could stand to lose a few pounds (OK more than a few), but I feel like I finally have my mind, body, and spirit headed down the path to wellness.  This semester we started studying Ayurveda and there is a ton of information.  I am absolutely loving it!

Through a series of tests I have determined that I am a Kapha (dosha) and with that comes a certain lifestyle and diet that will help keep me in balance.  It of course is a work in progress, and honestly for the first time I am OK with that.  I have been staying inspired via Instagram and the wonderful yogi community there.






























I have also collected some more quotes to add to my yoga journal and worked on my Yoga Pinterest Board.  You should definitely check it out if you're interested in yoga at all or Ayurveda.





And then of course I have been adding things to my diet and trying to new recipes catered to my dosha.

Masala Tea {homemade}

Kapha Dinner {sauteed eggplant with sunflower seeds}

Beauty Recipe to balance my kidneys {Ginger Scrub}
Take care of yourself.  Remember all good things do not happen overnight.  It's a journey and you're suppose to enjoy it.
xoxo Gwen

No comments:

Post a Comment